Gallery breaks own record and continues to growTuesday, 25 September 2012
Ever been to Gallery International Fashion Fair? No? Then I
would definitely recommend you seriously start thinking about it now. The exhibition welcomed a record number of fashion lovers in August 2012 with more than 12.000 visitors. The number of visitors increased by an impressive 5% when compared to the February 2012 edition and by 10% when compared to the August 2011 edition. In short: Gallery continues to break records and there is certainly no end in sight as yet. This is because the exhibition will continue to expand with an innovative show scene in 2012, but also with an extra 2000 m2 of exhibition floor space.
Gallery’s number of visitors isn’t the only thing we can refer to as truly impressive, its level of quality is incredibly high too. The majority (76%) of visitors are from Scandinavian origin and the remaining 24% - a percentage which appears to increase with each edition – are international visitors and these include some impressive names. Buyers from prominent labels like Lafayette, Liberty, Harvey Nichols, Barneys New York, Luisa Via Roma, NK, Stockmann, Yoox Groop, Zalando, Selfridges, Browns Fashion, ASOS, Net-a-Porter, Urban Outfitters, Mr. Porter, Matches.com and MyWardrobe.com roam the exhibition floor in search of promising collections. Even China with Alterstyle.com and the Japanese purchasing organisation Marubni are amongst the guests.
The number of exhibiting brands – which was over 340 brands from 20 different countries at the last edition – is steadily increasing, whilst the supply has remained just as selective. Christian Gregersen, Gallery’s CEO: “The quality of the supply on the exhibition floor is crucial for a successful exhibition, but the increasing number of top quality Scandinavian and international fashion buyers is equally important. The fact that my telephone barely rang during the three exhibition days is proof of the fact the exhibitors were busy doing other, more important, things, i.e. doing business.” Gregersen is referring to exhibitors like Wood Wood, YMC, Levi’s Made & Crafted, Liebeskind and French Connection, to name but a few ...
The high quality show scene is an unmistakable part of Gallery’s success. An impressive 100 brands have passed in review during a four year period. The 14 shows which formed part of the last edition represented prominent names like Peter Jensen, Odeur, Stylein and the Swedish Johanna Pihl. Plus up and coming talents like H&M Award winner Stine Riis and Tabernakel Twins by Vibe Lundemark, winner of the Citroen DS5 2012 design, were given a platform on the acclaimed catwalk.
In short; Gallery exudes fashion, which is in fact exactly what the entire town does during the Copenhagen Fashion Week. All the more reason to visit the exhibition in February. You will come back absolutely brimming with new inspiration and fair=fair; Copenhagen is fantastic in February!